Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Drivers



We spent the morning at the DMV, and these two girls are officially permitted drivers.  

Emma wants to drive to seminary tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure this whole drivers ed thing falls way outside my job description, but Craig is conveniently out of town almost every weekday.   And now that there's a piece of paper saying she can drive a car around, Emma is relentless about finding any opportunity to do that very thing.  Fortunately, Megan isn't as enthusiastic about driving a car so I may be able to put her off for awhile.   

At least the good thing about treating them like twins is that we just killed two birds with one trip to the DMV.  I don't think I could handle multiple visits to that place.

(don't worry, no actual birds were harmed today...)

UPDATE:
Well, Emma drove to seminary this morning (in the dark!) and she did awesome!  We left at 5:45 just in case it took a littler longer than the 2 1/2 minutes it usually takes me, but we got to the church by 5:54.  She stopped for a full 20 seconds at the STOP sign.  She didn't hit any curbs or cars or seminary kids.  And she got up to 34 mph on an actual road outside of the subdivision.  She's pretty proud of herself.  And Megan and I are thrilled that we made it there in one piece.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment