Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekend Plans

This is where I will be spending the weekend…


Sounds lovely, doesn't it? And look at the peaceful, gorgeous scenery...



My neighbor has been inviting me to go on one of these quarterly "scrapbook retreats" for the entire three years that we've lived here, but it's been years since I've scrapbooked anything and they always stay through Sunday, and I typically can't miss church.  But when she asked last October, she made it sound so wonderful that I finally gave in and said yes.  

That was before I knew I was going to have a hysterectomy in December, and that I would be "recovering" for the following 4-6 weeks…or is it 6-8 weeks??  I don't remember, but I'm not doing a very good job of it.    

So, while I have no reason to need a retreat or a break and I definitely don't intend to lug a whole bucketful of scrapbooking stuff into the hills of Texas, I'm pretty excited to go on this trip.  Instead of sifting through the last 7 years of pictures that need to be scrapbooked, and trying to relearn a skill that has been neglected for awhile, I decided last night that I'm going to take my camera, all three of my lenses, my notes from last year's photography class, a handful of Nikon manuals and DSLR for Dummies books, and make it a photography retreat.  (I can create my own retreat, right?)

There is just a small group of us going.  We'll have our own little cabin with a kitchen, bedrooms, a comfy living area, and a massive "work area" for all those scrappers.  Our meals are all provided which means someone is not only cooking AND cleaning for us, but they are also PLANNING everything.  Hallelujah.  There will be no children, husbands, pets, callings, chores, dishes, dust bunnies  carpools or jobs allowed for 48 whole hours.  And it should be a perfect, sunny 65ish degrees the entire time we're there.  Sounds like a great weekend, doesn't it?    

We leave in less than 3 hours.  

Have I packed anything?  nope

Have I stocked up on Diet DP and snacks?  nope

Is my camera equipment ready?  nope…in fact, I'm not even sure my battery has been charged since before Christmas.  

So...I have a few things to do this morning.  

I will Instagram pictures from the road and hopefully have stunningly beautiful pictures to post on here on Monday morning.  Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are, and wish me luck relaxing for two whole days!  

2 comments:

  1. Sooooo happy for you! Soooo jealous of you!
    Have fun! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds just lovely, Haunani! I'm excited for you and wish I could go as well. I know you will do a fantastic job with your pictures and look forward to seeing how beautifully you present God's beauty! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete