Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January Mornings


I just love these crispy, cool mid winter mornings.  The leaves haven't quite come back on any of the trees yet, so you can see so much more of that brilliant blue sky.  I love to watch all the morning activity outside my window once all the school commotion dies down.   As soon as the kids and the busses disappear, the squirrels start to dash around and the birds begin their socializing.  Everything seems anxious to be in motion and get started with the day.   

I love the weather in Dallas.  There are days that are frigid and days that are unbearably hot, but fortunately none of them lasts very long.  The constant weather variety gives us all something to appreciate, to talk about, and to look forward to.  I'm grateful for an entire week of sunny, clear skies and temperatures in the 50s and 60s.  

I might even wander outside later and make a portable nest outside in the sun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment