Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Today

Remember how I said just the other day that it's been forever since I've played the piano??  Well, guess what I did ALL DAY today??

Yep!  I finally sat down and played this thing...

The YW are singing this song for YW in Excellence on November 16th, but tonight was our first official practice and I had exactly 10 hours to learn it. 

 I love the lyrics of this song:
Remember you are greatest
When you walk with God
When his light is in your eyes
You are truly strong
You don't have to prove your beauty
In the eyes of men
You are divine within
You were sent here to become like him
I LOVE that the girls will have those words running through their heads every Sunday and Wednesday for at least the next three weeks.  Maybe I can get them to sing it in Sacrament so we have more reasons to keep practicing it.  

I'm so grateful for those little responsibilities that come just when you need to be nudged to do more.  I needed to be pushed toward the piano again, and this was the perfect way to get me there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment