Monday, October 17, 2016

Just Another Week in Europe

Wow this week really flew by! People really weren't kidding when they said that time goes faster when you get closer to the end of your mission!  This week was full of some ups, lots of downs, and a couple emergency cartons of ice cream. But of course, Heavenly Father just poured out His blessings abundantly upon me every time I turned to Him for help! 

 On Tuesday we had Zone Training in Munich, and I was really stressing out because 
1. We had to get flu shots. President Kohler told us that he wasn't gonna make us get them, but he STRONGLY ENCOURAGED it. So I decided I wasn't gonna get one because I hate shots, and the one and only time I got a flu shot was also the one and only time I've had the flu. But then I looked at a picture of Jesus and told him I wasn't gonna get one (because that's what Sister Abram taught me to do when I needed to make a decision like that) and He said that I should probably get one :( ...so I had to. 
And 2. because I had a little assignment to present for Zone Training, and for some reason that was making me super nervous! But everything went fine, mostly because I just asked Heavenly Father to take away my anxiousness so I could just get done what needed to be done!  It worked :)

After Zone Training I went to Rosenheim with Sister Phelps on tausch!  It was a weird tausch, but I went to Austria!!  Well, almost :) Rosenheim is right on the border of Austria, and we went to a member's house to do a service project, and she literally lives in the cutest little snuggly German cottage up in the Alps (dream home) and I could SMELL Austria we were so close :). I miss Austria! And the mountains! 


After tausch for a couple days, Sister Howsmon and I were back together and we RAN to a dinner appointment at a member's house in Augsburg! This week was full of lots of running. And planking.  But I may or may not be turning into one of those weird people who actually likes to exercise...we'll see.  Anywho, it was a great dinner appointment, and we challenged them to give out a Book of Mormon to someone as a family, and we role played a bazillion different times how they could bring it up with one of their friends or neighbors and then give it to them :)  it went really well and they all loved it! Thursday we had sport abend and we played hockey in the gym!  Lots of people showed up finally so it was super fun! And we made everyone plank with us for like 3 minutes...haha!

Sunday was one of those rough days.  Bad hair day, dirndl Sunday but my dirndl was all wrinkly, low self-esteem day, you know one of those "I don't want to talk to anyone and I just want to cry into a cup of hot chocolate" days.  But church was happening so I had to get over myself and be a good missionary.  Lots of complainy conversations with Heavenly Father happened in my head, but He told me to chill and so I did.  After sacrament meeting I felt a little better, and then ALL OF A SUDDEN THE MANNA STARTED FALLING FROM HEAVEN.  Members swarmed us and asked us if we had time to meet with them this coming week, and we literally made 7 appointments in the hallway before Sunday School! That was a normal occurrence in Graz, and I've been trying so hard to work better with these stubborn members here, but until yesterday it was slim pickins!  So hallelujah, and thank you for the tender mercies Heavenly Father!  

We had a super awesome lesson with a sweet sister after church about the Restoration, and I guess all of a sudden she wants to be baptized, so keep her in your prayers!  We are shooting for December 11! :) 

I love you all and I hope you can look a little harder and dig a little deeper to see the many blessings the Lord gives to us every single second of every single day :) schöne Woche!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Thunell

No comments:

Post a Comment