Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Catching Up

You know that feeling when you've missed so many days posting on your blog that the thought of going back to catch up is completely overwhelming and so you keep putting it off for one more day and one more day?  Yeah...that's where I've been for the last two weeks.  One day turned into 14 days, and now I've had so many inspirations come and go that I don't even know which thing to start with.  

My days are insane and filled with interruptions, most of them happy ones, but distractions from my routine nonetheless.  I can't quite fit all the things into a day that I used to fit in.  I have to sneak in things like intentional MUSIC when I'm driving because if I don't, then I get to the end of a week and realize that five whole days have gone by and I've only listened to that mindless stuff that's on the radio.  And there certainly is a TON of driving time in this state.  Holy cow, everything is so far away here!  

So here's what's new in the last two weeks...

VISION
McKay now wears glasses...which means he can now SEE.  Um, I think he's been telling me for a LONG time that he couldn't read the board, but I had no idea he was serious!  Now that we're settled, I decided I probably needed to address that concern of his, and poof!  The world's cutest 13-year-old is now even cuter!


SCRIPTURE CHALLENGE
My mother-in-law inspired her whole family to read the entire Book of Mormon before the end of the year.  I'm sure I'll have to write more about this because it's been so great for so many millions of reasons, but for now, I'll just let you know that Megan and I accepted her challenge and we are happily feasting on the words of Christ every day.  


WALKING
I've become one of those endorphin junkies.  I started walking in my neighborhood at the end of the summer and I liked it just fine, but I wasn't jumping out of bed or anything to get out and walk.  And then something shifted a couple of weeks ago.  One day, I realized that if I listened to the scriptures while I was walking, I could check two things off my list in the same hour.  I had gotten behind in my reading and I needed to read about 6 chapters to get back on track, so I just kept walking until I finished them.  But then I had to walk back home, so I listened to a couple of Conference talks and then some music, and all of a sudden my FitBit was buzzing on my wrist to notify me that I had walked 10,000 steps!  That's 4.5 miles!  So the next day, I did it again.  And then I decided to just add in the extra half mile and make it an even 5 miles a day...because why not?  This week I wondered if I could walk the same distance in less time.  And guess what!  I totally can.  

I kinda like looking at all those little green circles at the end of the day.  

...I also got this cute giraffe award...whatever that is.


TEMPLE WEDNESDAYS
I've made it to the Temple twice without getting lost or showing up too late to get into a session, so that's been a huge success!  I love being back into a regular weekly temple schedule.  


ACCIDENTS
Um...I also accidentally dyed my hair black.  Like super black.  I think it's starting to fade back to it's normal color...or maybe I'm just getting used to it...

That's not everything, but it's at least a good start.  Hopefully the act of coming here and typing words will get me back into the habit.  There's stuff to write later about sister missionaries and General Conference and Young Women's stuff, but those will be longer posts, so they'll have to wait...

Thanks for being patient, and not giving up.  

3 comments:

  1. I want to be you when I grow up. : )
    I want to do things with a smile.
    I want to want to walk. Because. I don't.
    I want to sing. Because I can't.
    I want to have gorgeous jet black hair. Because. You.
    And...I want to inspire. Again. You.
    Hugs. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well that makes us even cuz I always want to be you. Constant. Content. Intentional. Happily making traditions and memories for your family in your cozy, warm home. You definitely inspire me.

      Delete