Monday, September 26, 2016

Exact Obedience Brings HAPPINESS

Hello everyone! 

Today is a pretty crazy full pday, we are having a blast at Oktoberfest!! So this email might be a little jumbled/short. 

This week I have learned so much about how being exactly obedient not only brings blessings for missionary work in your area with you and your companion, but how it also bring happiness!  This week I decided to try EXTRA hard to be EXACTLY obedient, and it was so amazing to see all the many miracles!!  

I don't know what possessed me this week, but I decided to go running for früsport in the mornings with Sister Howson   She likes to run, and the first thing I said to her was that I don't run. (haha)  But I guess now I do!  And I hate it, but it makes my days better somehow!  So it's gonna stay for now!  

Also, this week was transfer call week! Sister Howsmon and I are staying together so I can finish her training, and we are getting elders!  Exciting stuff!  

On Tuesday we went by a potential that the elders found for us a little while ago, and he is older and just lives with his wife who is suffering from depression and Alzheimer's. He's very lonely, and we had such a great visit with both of them!  We are trying to teach them a bit about the Plan of Salvation and just bring a little cheeriness into their lives :)  They're so wonderful!  We got to visit them every other day, and I just love it!  

We also got to see Izu get confirmed and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost on Sunday!  We were a little nervous because sacrament meeting started, and he wasn't there. Then they started passing the sacrament, and he still wasn't there.  And then the first talk started and he STILL wasn't there!  So we went into the hall to call him, and he was so sad and thought that church started at 10 instead of 9:30!  So he came pretty late, but he was still able to be confirmed, which was good :)

Okay, well I forgot my planner, which means that this week is just a jumbled up mess of stuff in my head, and I'm so distracted by all the fun things we are doing today!  So I'm sorry for the lame email!  But thank you all for the birthday wishes :)  They meant a ton!! 

And I love you all so much! 

Have a wonderful week!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Thunell

No comments:

Post a Comment