Monday, March 26, 2018

Two Heart Attacks in One Night

Hi everyone! 

The weekly's coming a little late today because of transfers! My training is officially over and now I get to take over the area because Hermana Bent got transferred! 😭 It's super sad, I already miss her so much. I don't know if I'm ready to take over the area and it's super hard to think about getting used to the habits of a new companion all over again, but so far that companion, Hermana Jensen, is super nice and seems to be a really hard worker. She's a native Spanish speaker so I'm either one step closer to fluency, or I'm about to be left behind in the dust. Wish me luck!



My last week with Hermana Bent was pretty great, mostly bittersweet. We saw our highway horse friend again yesterday with a second horse, but I wasn't able to get a picture 😑

This week was also the week of heart attacks! 

We've been asked to make 10 member connections a day, because honestly "out of sight out of mind", and we want the members to always be thinking of how they can do missionary work. But I also like being creative and texting members every day is great, but it gets boring. So we've starting heart attacking people!! It's super fun because usually by the time we get to the end of the night all of our plans have fallen through, so whenever we have time, we look up what members are in the area and heart attack a few of them! It makes people super happy and it's something fun we can end our night with.

I'm super pumped for General Conference, and I hope you all are too. The reason we have prophets is for them to receive revelation from God, and General Conference is the opportunity to listen to those revelations and apply them to our own lives.

We're challenging all of our members to start thinking of the questions they want to bring to General Conference, and I challenge all of you to do the same!  Heavenly Father wants to give us direction, we just have to bring Him the questions and challenges we need help with. I know that when we do that and prepare to act on the answer, He will give it to us.


-Hermana Thunell

No comments:

Post a Comment