Monday, March 19, 2018

Happy Pi/Cheesecake Day!

I can't believe it's P-Day again! This week has been a real rollercoaster, but I've really seen God sending me tender mercies right when I need them most.

Pretty much this has been the most stressful week of my mission so far. Transfers are coming up on the 26th and we all have a feeling Hermana Bent is getting transferred. So I'll be out of training and taking over the area with a new companion. With that I know I'll have to start driving again, because it's a hassle to have someone driving when they have no idea where they're going. That sort of hit me last Monday as we prepared to have exchanges with the sister training leaders and I got ready to practice taking over the area. In addition, we had a mission-wide call with President Hall that night where he pretty much shwacked all of us and said we needed to be talking to more people and working harder. From then on we've been counting the number of people we talk to and invite to do something every day. We're supposed to invite 20 people to act every day (140 a week that we report at the end of the week), which is reasonable for our area, but still stressful because we have to keep track of it. 

Tuesday morning was rough. I didn't feel like a good missionary and I was super stressed out about taking over the area for the day and also the thought of driving. We got to our meet-up place and Hermana Bent went with Hermana Montoya while Hermana Tucker came with me. Hermana Bent handed me the keys and I just looked at them, realized how much I DID NOT want to drive, and started crying.  Hermana Tucker decided to drive instead.

Taking over the area turned out a lot better than I thought it would be and Hermana Tucker and I got along super well. She assured me at the end of the day that I was a good missionary and that I'll be able to do this without Hermana Bent, but I was still REALLY happy to be back with her by the end of the night.  

Wednesday was rough. I was nauseous and dizzy and super tired because I didn't sleep well- all from stress- and I pretty much just wanted to lay on the floor all day and throw up and cry. We went out anyway and worked super hard on this one street for 2 hours, trying to get all of our contacts, but just as I was starting to feel better because of our effort, our district leader called us and told us that the way we were counting our contacts didn't count. So we went from having 10 contacts from the morning to having only 3. 

Thursday morning was a floor morning, until Hermana Bent told me to get up or she would pour water on me (in a loving way). We had an appointment with a member from one of the English wards (the reason why we had the appointment is a long story), and that turned out to be super weird but super fun. Somehow we ended up at McDonald's where Hermana Bent and I sang and played the ukulele. I think the member was hoping we'd become famous or something, but no one really paid attention to us 😂 but it was fun anyway and she bought us lunch. 


Friday was our service day. Since the mission office is in our area Hermana Bent and I clean it every Friday, which is so fun. This past week President Hall needed our help erasing all the phones from missionaries who have gone home, so we did that as our service instead of cleaning. It was only supposed to last two hours but it ended up taking 4 and a half hours and we missed an appointment with one of our investigators. So that was kind of a bummer, but we did find some really really awesome music on one of the phones and Bluetooth-ed them over to ourselves so now we have 5 songs that we've been listening to on repeat every waking hour for the past 4 days 😊 

President pulled me out for a quick interview during the service project to talk about how stressed out I am and he told me 1. That I should see the counselor and 2. That I should start driving.  So after leaving the mission office I drove to our next appointment! It was awful and I really didn't like it but I'm one step closer to taking over the area. 👍

Saturday and Sunday we had baptisms in the zone, but none of our investigators showed up to either so we couldn't go. It's been really hard this week because I feel like we're giving our best effort and I come home exhausted every night, but we're not seeing the numbers as evidence of it. But this week we're going to keep working even harder because we want people at church! And we want people on date! And we want to baptize someone!

We also have Savior of the World coming up! I've never heard of it before so I don't know if they do it in other places, but it's a musical all about the life of Jesus Christ put on by the stake. They're doing shows in English and in Spanish and all the members are a part of it so they're all really excited to perform it. There's a lot of hype building up for it and I'm super excited to go, but we can't watch it unless we have an investigator with us, so we're handing out invitations like crazy.

We're not really teaching anyone consistently right now, but we're excited to change that this week, and hopefully get someone we can bring to Savior of the World. I hope I get to see at least one showing of it. And hopefully in Spanish because our ward is basically completely in charge of the Spanish showings. 

That's really all I've got this week. Thanks for all the emails, I'm sorry I can't respond to all of them.

-Hermana Thunell

P.S. It was Pi Day on Wednesday but all we could find was cheesecake 😂😂


No comments:

Post a Comment