Monday, December 26, 2016

Hello! It's Me Again

Hi everyone! 

Well, I don't have too much to say today because I just skyped with my family yesterday, but this week was great! 

You know that scene in The Grinch where all the Who's feed him their Christmas foods they made, and at first it's delicious, but by the end he is SO FULL but they just keep feeding him more and more? Well, that's what I have felt like all week. Like that feeling you have right after Thanksgiving dinner where you need to just roll onto the floor and nap for 12 hours. It's awful, but the members here are so good to us. 

Besides gaining about 10 pounds this week, we had a few other successes! We found 3 people who said we could teach them more about the gospel! So exciting. We also had a pretty good Zone Training on Tuesday, and an awesome District Christmas breakfast on Saturday!


Now that Christmas is over, it's time to start thinking about the New Year! I can't believe that this WHOLE YEAR I have been a missionary! What a great year it's been! I've been in 3 different countries, had 8 different companions, and served in 4 different areas. I've had some of the hardest trials of my life, but I've also seen the biggest miracles of my life! I've gotten up at 6:30 every single morning for a whole year (that is quite an accomplishment) and there also hasn't been a day where I haven't been wearing my little black name tag over my heart. My German has gotten a little better, my friendship circle has grown a little wider, my heart has been meat hammered and tenderized a lot, and the Savior and I have become much closer. My "black year" has actually been the brightest and best year of my life, and I am so so grateful for it. But, it's not over yet! So let's make the most of the last week of 2016!!

Alles gute zum Neuen Jahr!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Thunell

1 comment: