Monday, June 27, 2016

I. GOT. A. NUN. SELFIE.

SO THIS WAS THE BEST WEEK OF MY MISSION!!

On Tuesday morning we met Victor at a little water fountain in the middle of the city and we taught him the Plan of Salvation. 
It turned out to be one of the most spiritual experiences of my life because as I was testifying to him and teaching him how he is a child of God, and that there is more to this life than just being on the earth and then dying, I felt the spirit SO STRONGLY!  I KNOW that we are ALL children of our Heavenly Father! I looked around to the bustling streets of Graz, Austria and I couldn't help but feel so much love for everyone around me, and know that this gospel that I was testifying of right then was exactly what everyone around me needs! I can't really explain exactly what I felt, but I just know that it was a tiny bit of what God feels for all of us :) 

Then we went to a member's house for lunch and her home was HUGE (for Europe) and a combination of something from Pride and Prejudice and Pier One...so basically my dream home :) She was so kind and so lovely, so it was a great appointment! 

Then we welcomed the Wien 1 sisters to the beautiful city of Graz and started our ultimate tausch! I worked with Sister Price, the best sister missionary ever, and as usual we had a lot of fun together! Just love that girl!! Best part of our tausch: WE GOT A SELFIE WITH A NUN. A WHITE NUN. (Dress color, not skin color...but actually her skin was also white.) Graz goal: check! 

On Wednesday around 12:00 Wien 3 arrived in Graz, and we were going to start our second ultimate tausch of the week, but before Wien 1 left we decided to all have lunch together on the top of Schloßberg! I don't think Graz has ever had 6 sister missionaries in the city at one time, so it was super fun! Hamburgers on top of my favorite mountain, can life get much better? Yes it can.


We said goodbye to Wien 1, and then I got to work with Sister Gunderson from Wien 3 for the next ultimate tausch! She is brand new in the mission, but man she is a fireball! It's good to have some golden fire around every once in a while to keep your motivation burning :) we also had a lot of fun together! 

Wednesday night Schwester Ollendorf took us to the holy well with holy spring water, and we got to see nuns singing around the well! It was like the Sound of Music! I think this week was so good because I had so many nun interactions, mensch! And then she took us on the ultimate drive through the mountains and we got the BEST views of the whole city, and found some pretty cool things up in those hidden mountain fields and forests :) 

We got a selfie with some Austrian hunters wearing traditional Austrian hunting clothing (didn't know that was a thing), and I even got a selfie with a llama! Who knew you could find llamas in the mountains of Austria!! Wednesday was probably the best day of my whole mission! And I spent it with the cutest new missionary ever :) 


Thursday we had a couple other appointments, and then the four of us sisters helped Najla decorate the church for the YSA dance this weekend for like 5 hours! We hung streamers, blew up balloons, painted posters, made a photo booth, cut out pictures, set out food... it was so much fun!! But it was pretty exhausting! After decorating we said goodbye to Wien 3, and finally Sister Brinkerhoff and I were back together again! I missed her during our four days of tausching! Even though we still were in the same area haha. But it was nice to get back into our normal routine! Friday we did weekly planning all day, and popped into the YSA dance to check on some of our investigators we had invited (but really it was so we could listen to the cool new music that isn't missionary appropriate and bob our heads a little).

Saturday was Sister Brinkerhoff's year mark! We celebrated by helping Gina move and carrying lots more heavy things down a lot more stairs, and then we had a couple lessons at the church with some investigators! Sunday we went to the Sander's for dinner, and because we don't have elders here anymore, Sister Brinkerhoff and I had to be the ones to entertain the little boys. So we happily let them capture us and beat us up and tie us to the couch and shoot their nerf darts at our heads. All part of a missionary's job! 

This week I finished the Book of Mormon for the second time on my mission! I read it with the question of how I can be a better disciple of Christ, and I learned so much! I just love the Book of Mormon! I'm now reading it in German for the first time all the way through! It is going a little slower, but I can finally understand everything, so that's awesome! 

So yes, that was my wonderful week! Transfer calls are on Saturday!! So we will see what the future brings for me :) 

Love you all, have a great week!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Thunell

No comments:

Post a Comment