Friday, September 20, 2013

Dear Blog,

Dear Blog,

I'm so sorry I've been shamelessly neglectful of you this week.  I promise I haven't forgotten about you.  I haven't been in an accident.  I haven't replaced you with Instagram or the DVR.  

Every morning I have the best of intentions to hang out with you and fill you in on my day, and then something drags my attention away and I never make it back up the stairs.

Monday it was Institute.  Oh, I LOVE being back into the scriptures, but holy cow! Kevin is making my head spin with this Old Testament stuff.  I had to stay after and dissect the lesson with a few friends, and then come home and recap it all with Craig over lunch before I could even think about anything else.  And then the kids were all home from school... 
...and then someone found a toad that night and wanted to PLEASE keep him in the house. 

Tuesday, the toad was gifted to a very kind 6th grade teacher.  There was a Homecoming date possibility for Savannah, an impromptu lunch date with a friend, and a dr's appt, which turned into a day of Googling all the possibilities and worrying and drinking two giant bottles of this yucky stuff...ew, ew ,ew!!

Wednesday, Craig left for Tucson. Savannah's potential Homecoming date fell through.  She stayed home from school due to emotional trauma.  There were more appts, more errands, and a crisis lunch which included lots of life lessons, the imparting of wisdom, and maybe a few baked goods... 

Thursday, there was a relieving phone call that there are no major medical catastrophes to worry about in the near future.  Then a day spent working on a RS Lesson that I CANNOT seem to pull together, and trying to figure out this very pretty, very updated, very different iPhone.  

And now, it's Friday.  Craig comes home in a few hours.  There will be a recap lunch where I will fill him in on all the events he's missed in 2 1/2 days.   And then kitchen restocking, a missionary open house, more baked goods, work schedules, and baseball practice later tonight.  

See, little blog, I haven't neglected you on purpose.  I'll try to do better next week.  Thanks for understanding.    

7 comments:

  1. And I am exhausted now! Ok, your blog and I will give you a free pass this week. Now next week... ; )

    P.S. Sending a hug for your beautiful daughter. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...almost forgot...sooo very glad all the medical things are good! And pleeeeease tell me that is not the ACTUAL toad. Like, that's just an image, right??!

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the hugs and the sweet comments.
      And no, that's not the actual toad. The kids were so funny, though, they pulled out a reptile/amphibians book and started trying to identify this little backyard toad they found, and one of them yelled, "This is it! It's an Australian Marine Toad!" Craig and I were hysterical in the other room picturing this poor little toad making his way all the way from Australia only to be caught and put in a jar in Dallas. :)

      Delete
  2. Hugs to your daughter. That IS SO hard. The road...he is actually really cool looking! Busy week indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patty! Have a great week. BTW...how's your mom?

      Delete
  3. So glad your doctor's appt. turned out o.k. As for your Savannah, bless her heart. And yours too. I raised 4 teenagers at once. At times, it was not pretty! I know she is probably over it all by now! I too, have not been too bloggity lately. We have just had too much other stuff going on! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss your blogging! Hope your stuff subsides soon and you can get back to the blog. :)

      Delete