Monday, January 29, 2018

Whoever Sent Me Root Beer, Thank You

Hola everyone!

This week has been a rollercoaster of events. So many that I wasn't sure what to title this email. I felt like my own series of Harry Potter books:
Hermana Thunell and the Fake Phone Numbers
Hermana Thunell and the Dreaded Sacrament Talk
Hermana Thunell and the Cow Stomach
Yep. We ate cow stomach. We also got chased by dogs, taught a dental health class, laughed until we cried, and got put on bed rest. Well. I got put on bed rest. 
Hermana Thunell and the Attack of the Chihuahas
Hermana Thunell and "Agua De La Llave Es Mejor"
Hermana Thunell and the Jokes That Really Weren't That Funny
Hermana Thunell and the Mysterious Illness
The whole collection will hit a bookstore near you in May of 2019. 
BUT this week has also been really really great. We got to eat cactus (which made up for the cow stomach), played Language Study Pick-up Sticks (thank you Grandma and Grandpa), and made a video about the Book of Mormon. 

I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON

For those of you who saw the video (it's on Facebook) I know we were kind of flat and not very excited. But the great thing about taking on a challenge like that is that now I know what I want to do better next time. The next video will be better, I promise. But for now: I LOVE the Book of Mormon. Seriously the best part of my day is in the morning when I get to spend an hour reading and taking notes and dissecting the word of God. It's like that TV Show with the Great Big Book of Everything. The Book of Mormon is the Decently Sized Book of Everything. IT CAN ANSWER ANY QUESTION. I carry around this life-changing book in my bag cada día. We have 4 in the backseat of our car and about 10 more Spanish ones in our trunk. I have the word of God, access to personal revelation, in an app on my phone that can fit in my pocket. How cool is that??? (Answer: very)
This book is meant to be read, it's meant to be marked up, it's meant to be understood. So read it! Mark it up! Understand it! It has changed my life and continues to be my source for daily course correction. Not to mention it's like reading a high-action novel, or the sickest history textbook ever. The Book of Mormon: It's interesting. It's real. It's ready to give YOU personal guidance. 
Read it guys. Hands down my favorite book. 
Seriously, Sabrina, Emily, Lauren and Liz, get your hands on one of these. I can send it to you if you want, but please just take a glance through it, read a few pages, just hold it and revel in its glory. I love this book and I get to pour out my love for it to strangers every day. I want to share this thing that has made me so happy with all the people I love too. 

Thank you everyone for all the letters and emails this week...and for the care package of root beer! 

-Hermana Thunell

No comments:

Post a Comment