Monday, March 20, 2017

Zwei Taufen in einer Woche!

Hello! 

Okay we are just gonna skip to the good part: VANESSA AND TONI WERE BAPTIZED AND CONFIRMED AND IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE. 

Really, there are not many things in the world that can make me as happy as I felt on Saturday. I remember this same feeling when Izu got baptized, and it is the best feeling in the world!! To see someone accept the gospel and change their whole life, and to see the smile and pure joy on their faces when they get out of the font :) We met with them twice during the week, and their poor family had the most horrible week ever. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong, but they are so amazing. They kept saying that they knew this was the right choice to get baptized, and that Satan was just trying everything he could to discourage them, but they wouldn't let him succeed! I could go on and on about these people, but the baptism was beautiful, and now they are officially confirmed members of the church :) 
Thank you all for all your prayers for them! Now we get to keep meeting with them and prepare them for the next step: Toni getting the priesthood and their kids to be baptized!  It's so exciting to have such a wonderful family to teach!

This week was a week of gratitude for me. As I come closer and closer to the end of my mission, I am just seeing more and more things to be grateful for!  I'm grateful for this wonderful opportunity I have to be a missionary, and the wonderful countries that I've been able to serve in :) 


Well, this is a short email, but here are some more of the bazillion things I've learned on my mission, and will continue to learn over and over again throughout my life:

1. Communication is the key to a good companionship (or relationship)
2. How to be comfortable with being uncomfortable
3. The right words will be put into your mouth, but you have to start speaking and stumble a little first
4. The Lord qualifies those who He calls
5. It takes two to tango

Love you all so much! Have a great week!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Thunell

No comments:

Post a Comment