Wednesday, December 6, 2017

MTC Week 3: Got The Broken Heart Down, Just Need The Contrite Spirit

​​​​​​Hola!

This week in mission life my companion and I got to experience the outside world. She's been having some heart problems since coming here and so we had to go to the hospital on Monday to get her a heart monitor, and then go back the next day to return it. Monday I was sick, and by orders of the district leader was on bed rest, so I missed the first trip, but I did get to hear about this miracle: Hermana Lund and I had been preparing for our trip to the outside all weekend, plotting to bribe our driver to take us to Chick-Fil-A while we were out. Monday came around and I was too sick to go to morning class, and so our district leader appointed Hermanas Gratton and Bronder to babysit me, while Hermanas Lund and Miller went out to Hermana Lund's appointment. The bribe didn't work.  BUT while they were waiting for the shuttle to come back after the appointment, they saw that Chick-Fil-A was right across the street. So close. They both considered walking over, grabbing a nugget or two, and walking back just in time to re-board the shuttle.  But something told them not to. Once in the shuttle, Hermana Lund told Hermana Miller she had had the feeling that walking across the street was a bad idea because they might get hit by a car, and Hermana Miller said that she had felt the same thing. The two got back to the MTC just in time for dinner. We all walked to the cafeteria together, talking about our obvious lack of quality chicken, and lo and behold, the menu on the cafeteria door said: "Chick-Fil-A!" 

GOD IS SO GOOD. 

It's the little things, guys, like the fact that the new vending machine on our floor was fixed last night and can finally accept cards. Or that Hermana Bronder's MTC card hasn't been charged for anything for the past week and a half. Or that our matching MTC sweats came with a missionary discount. Tender mercies are real!  The Lord is on our side! 

In other news, on Sunday I was called as the new Branch Music Coordinator!  And just last night our branch president told Hermana Lund and I that next week we'll be the new Sister Training Leaders as well! Our district is basically running the show. And the Four Square Court 😂

Well, I think those are my highlights for the week.  It's finally snowing here which makes me even more anxious for Houston weather. The cold is probably why I'm still sick 🤒 pero esta bien, I'm getting better every day, and better at Spanish little by little. It's crazy to think that we're halfway done here! All of our English speaking friends left today.  Alabama, you have a good crop of Elders headed your way so keep an eye out for them!

One last note, I hope everyone is doing the Light The World challenge!  It's a great way to lift your day, and lift someone else's!

That's all I've got 😂 hasta luego!
Hermana Thunell

No comments:

Post a Comment