Monday, February 13, 2017

Hi

Liebe Familie und Freunde,

Another week has come and gone! They're getting faster I think...

Highlights of the week:
Donnerstag (Thursday) was Donut Tag! We went out to get donuts and smoothies with our cute new friend, and then took a walk down along the Donau and talked about the gospel. It was so great!



On Sunday we got to teach Relief Society. We taught from the teachings of President Hinckley about happiness and optimism! It was so fun, and everyone loved it! I loved studying all about positivity the whole week, and being able to help these sisters in our branch. This is really such a great place to be serving!

Sorry, I don't have a lot to say lately and I can't be bothered to be creative and funny anymore haha, but I wanted to share something I learned this week...
I read the CES devotional by President Nelson this week, and in it he challenges the young adults to study all about Jesus Christ. To read the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, and Doctrine and Covenants, and to learn all about the doctrine of Christ, the teachings of Christ, and the things He did and said.  I was just PUNCHED by the Spirit when I read that!  It was a little overwhelming because I already have so much to do, and I didn't really know where to start, but as I read the things President Nelson promised, and as I prayed for help, I was able to start reading the Old Testament this week with a focus on the things Christ did and said.  And I only made it to Genesis 2!!  There is so much feasting going on over here, it's not even funny!  But my testimony of the Savior has just sky rocketed. Since I've been on my mission I have learned so much more about Him, and His gospel, and I have come so much closer to Him and to my Heavenly Father.  I know that this church is true, and I know that Jesus Christ really is our advocate, our best friend, and our Redeemer. 

Love you all so much and have a wonderful week!

Liebe Grüße,
Sister Thunell



And also this came today...  

Hi! I'm Sister Campbell! Your daughter's companion right now! I


 just wanted to write that sis thunell is awesome! Really she is such an inspiration and such a great example for me, and it's only been two weeks together! We are literally the same person which is super cool because I haven't met anyone else like that before (: 

She is a spiritual giant and she blows me away every time she shares an insight. She has a heart so big that it's indescribable! When someone she loves or cares for comes to mind, she immediatly serves them or does what Christ would do! I have no doubt she is who she is because of you guys! Thank you! 

I love being her companion and am excited for what the next few weeks hold! You guys also sound awesome! She always talks about you  (: 

-Sister Campbell (:

No comments:

Post a Comment