Friday, April 27, 2012

SOLD



I have bittersweet feelings about this day.  (Mostly the bitter...only they're not really bitter...mostly just sad.)  Sometimes there are things you love that you have to say goodbye to.  I absolutely HATE goodbyes...even the short ones.  Unfortunately this is a permanent one.

In March, we put our Mendon house on the market.  Within a few weeks we had a couple of offers.  Today we officially signed the closing documents.  Someone I don't even know is going to move in this weekend.  

I love that house.  

You can read the details of all the things I love about it here.  But this morning I was thinking more about all the stuff that happened while we lived there.  Birthday parties, holidays, remodeling, kids learning to ride bikes, piano lessons, Settlers of Cataan tournaments, playdates, chickens, barn cats, canning, finding treasures in the back yard.  It's overwhelming to think of the memories we made in that 100 year old house.  But even though the house no longer belongs to us, the memories still do.  We were so fortunate to be able sell it so quickly.  And we were even more fortunate to own it for as long as we did.  I hope the new owners will love it as much as we did. 








1 comment:

  1. I have bitter feelings about this too....I miss you.

    ReplyDelete