Monday, May 7, 2018

Saying Goodbye to My Birthplace...and My Car

That's right, I've been transferred to a biking area 🚴 Texas summer, here I come!  I'm just grateful that I have a little bit of an idea of what I'm headed into, so maybe I won't melt completely into a puddle. 

The last week of the transfer (and with Hermana Jensen) has been pretty great. We found lots of cool people, spontaneously invited someone to be baptized on June 2nd (he said yes) and drove ALL OVER the boonies of our area, thankfully with a full tank of gas this time. 

Yesterday we had stake conference with Quentin L. Cook and it was super weird to go to church in English, but it was awesome. Everyone that spoke was so powerful and really invited us to act on the messages being shared. I've decided to take the invitation to have more compassion, because my sarcasm this transfer has been getting unruly. I feel like I'm being refined from this really craggy rough rock, to a super smooth shiny rock, and sometimes it's not super fun and it involves lots of sweaty helmet hair or holding back super funny witty comments, but I'm glad to know that the Lord has something better for me in mind. 

This past transfer has been really hard, but one day President pulled me into his office for an interview to talk about why I'm not happy. I told him all that I felt was going on and when I was finished he just looked at me and said "Hermanita, get off the dumb struggle-bus. You know what you need to do, so do it."  At first that made me even more sad, but after I left his office I realized that he was right.  I don't know everything, but I've been out here for almost six months and instead of being daunted by all that I need to do, I just need to do it the best I can. I've been happier ever since.  And of course as soon as I really started to LOVE my area and throw myself into it, I got transferred. Oh well, now I have a new area and a new companion to love. 

Wish me luck in biking all day every day...in a dress! 

-Hermana Thunell


No comments:

Post a Comment