Saturday, January 7, 2017

January



I was feeling especially sluggish this morning and lamenting the fact that I haven't yet done even one noteworthy thing in all of 2017.  And then I remembered that this is January 7th! 

I NEVER do anything noteworthy in the first 6 days of the year.  I don't think anyone really does.  And this year was no exception, especially coming off of that crazy long road trip we took across the country and then Craig and I taking turns having varying degrees of the flu for the better part of the whole week...

But, what I also realized this morning is that I LOVE January 7th.  

Here's why:

1.  Even if we've stayed home for the holidays, I usually need about 7 full days to pull myself together after a whole season of partying and overindulgence.  
2.  By January 7th, I've usually stopped trying to be amazing, I've stopped feeling discouraged because I'm not amazing, and I've gone back to just being normal.  
3.  Always, by January 7th, all traces of Christmas have finally been packed back in boxes in the garage and I've stopped mourning the loss of color and the absence of Santas in my house.  
4.  January 7th is almost always the day that I feel life breathing back into me.
5.  By January 7th, everyone (mostly me) has let go of any ridiculously high expectations they might have had in December, and any leftover guilt about gifts they might have forgotten to give and cards they might have forgotten to send out.  
6.  On January 7th, I always, always sing really loud.  I just always do.  

and...
7. In exactly 7 weeks, it will be my birthday, and that is my second favorite day of the year!

So, Happy January 7th!  Hopefully it's a great day where you are, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment